Poll: ESPN Proposed NHL Realignment with Seattle

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)

Would you like the Wings to be back in the Western Conference

Poll ended at Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:34 am

Hell yes! I love staying up late for road games!
17%
Hell no! I have a life, I don't need all those 10pm start times!
50%
Bettman sucks!
33%

Total votes: 18

dcz28
Two Kids and a Goat
Two Kids and a Goat

Re: Poll: ESPN Proposed NHL Realignment with Seattle

Postby dcz28 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Hell no from me. I don't miss them being in the West at all and this team is a rival to nobody as they are built now. If you want to speak rivalry of the past then they are still better off in the East with all the other original 6 teams aside from Chicago than playing "rivals" like the Blues or Preds.
0 x
Play hard or get off the ice

pokerandpucks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby pokerandpucks » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:59 pm

I'd prefer a schedule less focused on divisional play. Play each team from the other conference 3 times a year

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
0 x
Take out the trash, fire Holland and Blash!

cska91
Tatar-sauce
Tatar-sauce

Postby cska91 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:54 pm

I like the Wings coming out to play metro-sexual division more often - the Rangers, the Devils, the Isles, the Flyers. Gives me a lot more opportunity to see them. But beyond the selfish desire to have more options to see the Wings in-person, I think games against the Leafs, Bruins, Canadiens, and Rangers are a lot more meaningful than taking on the Ducks, Canucks, Coyotes, Jets, Knights, and other teams out west with no tradition. There are some of those out East as well, but not as many. I also like watching the Wings play Tampa, given what Stevie has built out there. A team in the ET zone should stay out east. I also think they should change division names to honor the Original Six... Howe, Richard, Horton, Orr, Hull, Gilbert. Something like that...
1 x
"We got a blueprint of how to be better. We just didn't execute there." - Jeff Blashill

frankster
Tatar-sauce
Tatar-sauce

Postby frankster » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:12 pm

Play everyone in your own conference 3 times 15 x 3 = 45, other conference 2 times 16 x 2 = 32 ---> 77 games and shortens the season by 5 games.
Alternate the 3 games home and away every year,1st tie-breaker is your record against your opponent.
1/2 of league play M-W-F and the other half Tu-Th Sat switch as the season goes, add Sunday games for after Football season.
Make Monday night game rivalry night after football season and stop showing Pitts and Buffalo every other week on NBCS.
0 x

kmac
Zamboni Driver
Zamboni Driver

Postby kmac » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:44 am

I know this isn't a priority for most fans, but fuck the Wings having to spend all that money and travel time jetting across all those fucking Western time zones. And, being an optimist, I believe that the Wings will make deep playoff runs in my lifetime again, and I remember what fucking bullshit it was when the Wings were making deep playoff runs previously and had to piss away resources and energy making fucking multiple West Coast trips for multiple playoff series, while the Eastern Division teams got to play multiple playoff rounds while only traveling a few hours away from their home arenas. I fucking hated the competitive disadvantage of going through the playoffs in the West, and don't want to go back to it. Plus I'm way fucking older now and I need more sleep.
1 x

Slapper
Zamboni Driver
Zamboni Driver

Postby Slapper » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:04 am

nothing against expansion, but no on moving west. Screw the craphawks, the blues and the rivalries we had with them. In 10 years when the wings are finally past Holland’s crap contracts and they return to the playoffs, I’ll be way too old to be staying up till 1am watching a playoff series game. Also need to change the vote to “Bettman sucks but Holland sucks more”
0 x

Wizard of Corsica
All Star Vote Getter
All Star Vote Getter

Postby Wizard of Corsica » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:14 am

Yeah I actually like staying up late, but that looks like a boring slate of opponents. Plus what's going to happen when the NHL finally freaking gives in and lets Arizona move to Quebec City?
0 x

holytoledo
Trouble Maker

Postby holytoledo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:37 am

kmac wrote:I know this isn't a priority for most fans, but fuck the Wings having to spend all that money and travel time jetting across all those fucking Western time zones. And, being an optimist, I believe that the Wings will make deep playoff runs in my lifetime again, and I remember what fucking bullshit it was when the Wings were making deep playoff runs previously and had to piss away resources and energy making fucking multiple West Coast trips for multiple playoff series, while the Eastern Division teams got to play multiple playoff rounds while only traveling a few hours away from their home arenas. I fucking hated the competitive disadvantage of going through the playoffs in the West, and don't want to go back to it. Plus I'm way fucking older now and I need more sleep.

Regular season most of those teams are central time zone, and I think 2 are mountain time. I don't mind starts from 8-9:30 at all. In the playoffs yeah, 10:30 Tuesday night games in Anaheim suck balls. But by the time we're a playoff contender again California won't have any teams because it'll all be Atlantis, so who cares?
1 x

Zattaman
Tatar-sauce
Tatar-sauce

Postby Zattaman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:11 pm

cska91 wrote:I like the Wings coming out to play metro-sexual division more often - the Rangers, the Devils, the Isles, the Flyers. Gives me a lot more opportunity to see them. But beyond the selfish desire to have more options to see the Wings in-person, I think games against the Leafs, Bruins, Canadiens, and Rangers are a lot more meaningful than taking on the Ducks, Canucks, Coyotes, Jets, Knights, and other teams out west with no tradition. There are some of those out East as well, but not as many. I also like watching the Wings play Tampa, given what Stevie has built out there. A team in the ET zone should stay out east. I also think they should change division names to honor the Original Six... Howe, Richard, Horton, Orr, Hull, Gilbert. Something like that...

I agree. I actually prefer later starting time (8-9pm), as I rarely get home on time for a 7-7:30 start. However, it's special when the Wings play in Toronto or in Montreal. I'm also liking our rivalry with Tampa (though for them, we're more like Nashville used to be for us -- a nuisance).
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”