Helene St. James Grads at Half way point

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Re: Helene St. James Grads at Half way point

Postby heyfolks » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:34 pm

aTTicA wrote:honestly when you look at this team as individuals, most of them havent been bad. Larkin is thriving at center. Z is close to where he was last year ,tatar has been a bit more consistent than last year, nyquist is scoring more than last year (and hes had tons more chances where he didnt finish). Mantha has played fairly well, abby is having a good season, nielsen is on pace for 20+ goals. Frk has been pretty good too.

On defense green has been great even his D is better. Daley....lol...say what you will but more often than not i think hes doing alot more good than bad out there. E is having a decent season, kronwall has played in all the games..he hasnt been terrible, but not really good either. DDK has struggled, ditto jensen and XO.

Howard for the most part has been fantastic give or take a few ugly outings, mrazek has been pretty meh.

Where this team has struggled most is in continuity. Individually theyve been pretty good, but as a team theyve been pretty suck, which for me points a big finger at coaching. Alot of great individual effort and not nearly enough teamwork. Alot of our games this year are coming down to a handful of really bad plays.

I ma not sure what curve you are grading on, but the absolute test is points.
0 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:

pokerandpucks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby pokerandpucks » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:00 pm

fake news
0 x
Take out the trash, fire Holland and Blash!

parker
Zamboni Driver
Zamboni Driver

Postby parker » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:29 pm

This:

Defenseman Niklas Kronwall said the Wings look like “two completely different teams. I know the roster doesn’t look that much different, but I think we have done a lot of good things. Standings doesn’t always show how well you’ve played. Most times it does, but I think in our case, we feel there are some nights we should have been rewarded a little bit more.”

One, your delusional. The only thing that is a positive is the development of some players and even that is hampered by team management. It's also the only reason anyone else is doing any better. Two, your mother's a whore. Three, anyone who says we should have been rewarded a little more- that's like people who say they don't test well. So, you know the material, except when you have to prove you know the material or we won the game, except on the scoreboard and in the standings.
0 x

Slapper
Zamboni Driver
Zamboni Driver

Postby Slapper » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 am

parker wrote:This:

Defenseman Niklas Kronwall said the Wings look like “two completely different teams. I know the roster doesn’t look that much different, but I think we have done a lot of good things. Standings doesn’t always show how well you’ve played. Most times it does, but I think in our case, we feel there are some nights we should have been rewarded a little more.”

When did Kronwall become an entitlement generation snowflake? Quick somebody give him a participation trophy!
0 x

Zattaman
Tatar-sauce
Tatar-sauce

Postby Zattaman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:26 pm

heyfolks wrote:
aTTicA wrote:honestly when you look at this team as individuals, most of them havent been bad. Larkin is thriving at center. Z is close to where he was last year ,tatar has been a bit more consistent than last year, nyquist is scoring more than last year (and hes had tons more chances where he didnt finish). Mantha has played fairly well, abby is having a good season, nielsen is on pace for 20+ goals. Frk has been pretty good too.

On defense green has been great even his D is better. Daley....lol...say what you will but more often than not i think hes doing alot more good than bad out there. E is having a decent season, kronwall has played in all the games..he hasnt been terrible, but not really good either. DDK has struggled, ditto jensen and XO.

Howard for the most part has been fantastic give or take a few ugly outings, mrazek has been pretty meh.

Where this team has struggled most is in continuity. Individually theyve been pretty good, but as a team theyve been pretty suck, which for me points a big finger at coaching. Alot of great individual effort and not nearly enough teamwork. Alot of our games this year are coming down to a handful of really bad plays.

I ma not sure what curve you are grading on, but the absolute test is points.

Points are indicative of how well they're built and coached, but individual performances don't necessarily reflect in the standings.

Then again, maybe my expectations have sunk so low that a semi-decent performance looks like a B to me.
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”