As we approach the half way point

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
jaster
The 'Not So Great One'
The 'Not So Great One'

Re: As we approach the half way point

Postby jaster » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:13 pm

holytoledo wrote:Welcome back!

I agree they'll move Green. It almost impossible to envision that not happening.

Daley has a full NTC for next year. His deal is set up to move him in year 3.

Thanks bud! My hiatus was too long.

According to Capfriendly, Daley's NTC expires 10 days prior to next year's trade deadline, at which point it becomes a modified NTC and he can block a trade to 15 teams of his choosing. If that is true, I think the Wings are perfectly set up to move the guy at that point, given that detail and the probable state of the Wings at that point.

If I'm misreading Capfriendly, or that site is incorrect, then disregard.
1 x

jaster
The 'Not So Great One'
The 'Not So Great One'

Postby jaster » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Pop Zeus wrote:Right now the Wings are 6 points out of a playoff spot.
They've got an easy January schedule and, if they take advantage of it and go on a bit of a run, they could easily get to within 2-3 points of a playoff spot by early February.
If the Wings are 2 points out at the deadline, do you think Holland trades Green?

No. But while your scenario is not out of the realm of possibility, I don't think the Wings will be within reasonable enough striking distance of a playoff spot at the deadline. I think, despite Holland's track record, even he won't pointlessly hang on to Green.
0 x

Kronstantinov
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Postby Kronstantinov » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:20 pm

holytoledo wrote:
jaster wrote:Holland will at least move Green, that should be obvious. Beyond that, I'm not sure. I've read there a couple teams mildly interested in Mrazek, so maybe you can move him for a 6th.

I don't see Howard going anywhere this deadline.

Daley's contract has him set up to be moved at next year's deadline, which I bet will happen.

Welcome back!

I agree they'll move Green. It almost impossible to envision that not happening.

Daley has a full NTC for next year. His deal is set up to move him in year 3.

Lol.
It is almost like impossible to envision most of what Holland has done since Bowman left the organization yet he did them.
Unless the Wings slide further from playoff contention before the deadline, I don’t think Holland will move him.
I think Holland started contemplating firing Blashill after the holidays 4 games ago but now has visions of hoisting another Cup.
Last edited by Kronstantinov on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:02 pm

If PZ's scenario holds up, with the Wings in contention or in a playoff spot, I don't think they will move Green.

It is unthinkable in my book, but I would have never signed Daley, Neilson or Witkowski and offered Helm, Mrazek, DD and Abby half of their current pay.

Smith brought a 2nd and 3rd. I have to think Green brings a 1st or 2 second round picks.
0 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:

holytoledo
Trouble Maker

Postby holytoledo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:28 pm

I just can't see this team in contention 45 days from now. There are no easy opponents for this team.
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”