NHL Survivor Pool 17-18 - Round 2

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
frankster
Tatar-sauce
Tatar-sauce

Re: NHL Survivor Pool 17-18 - Round 2

Postby frankster » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:09 pm

hurry up HF, almost game time.
0 x

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:37 pm

I don't get the premise so I'll take the opposite

Wild and Senators.
0 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:37 pm

WingFanInAA wrote:
heyfolks wrote:
WingFanInAA wrote:
holytoledo wrote:Last year towards the end TS & I were the only 2 left and after a few rounds we went to a lightning round. In the lightning round we picked every game in order of confidence and first one to lose was out. If we want to get in as many contests as possible, it's a good way to go.

Frank would have the clear advantage here. It's been an incredible run of luck that HF has gotten any picks right thus far. I suspect his wife is picking for him.

That's a good call, we can change to that if they are still tied after the 1/9 matchups.

Just root for the Oil Cans and all is as it should be!

Jets in. I move on.

2-1 bad guys but the Oil Cans have a period to go.

Both of you losers....err guys...move on, lightning round...here are the rules:

So that we can start the next round on Saturday, you have to pick the five games on 1/10 and 1/11:

Wednesday, Jan 10
Ottawa @ Toronto

Minnesota @ Chicago

Thursday, Jan 11
Columbus @ Buffalo

Carolina @ Washington

Calgary @ Tampa Bay

You need to pick the winner of each game. Your previous picks don't matter for this round. You may only pick TWO home teams. If both of you pick the same teams for all five games, I'll come up with some awesome twist to screw you up. Good luck you farging bastages!

1/10

Wild and Preds, both away

1/11

BJ, Caps and Tampa
0 x

WingFanInAA
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby WingFanInAA » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:00 pm

heyfolks wrote:I don't get the premise so I'll take the opposite

Wild and Senators.

You are picking a total of 5 games. Of those 5, you can only pick 2 home teams. That's it.

With your second post you have all 5 games picked, but you were late, so I'll leave up to frankster if he is okay with the Ottawa pick.
0 x
Do not mark below this line

WingFanInAA
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby WingFanInAA » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:02 pm

heyfolks wrote:
WingFanInAA wrote:
heyfolks wrote:
WingFanInAA wrote:
holytoledo wrote:Last year towards the end TS & I were the only 2 left and after a few rounds we went to a lightning round. In the lightning round we picked every game in order of confidence and first one to lose was out. If we want to get in as many contests as possible, it's a good way to go.

Frank would have the clear advantage here. It's been an incredible run of luck that HF has gotten any picks right thus far. I suspect his wife is picking for him.

That's a good call, we can change to that if they are still tied after the 1/9 matchups.

Jets in. I move on.

So that we can start the next round on Saturday, you have to pick the five games on 1/10 and 1/11:

Wednesday, Jan 10
Ottawa @ Toronto

Minnesota @ Chicago

Thursday, Jan 11
Columbus @ Buffalo

Carolina @ Washington

Calgary @ Tampa Bay

You need to pick the winner of each game. Your previous picks don't matter for this round. You may only pick TWO home teams. If both of you pick the same teams for all five games, I'll come up with some awesome twist to screw you up. Good luck you farging bastages!

1/10

1/11

BJ, Caps and Tampa

Nashville isn't playing, did you mean Ottawa (as in your first post?)
0 x
Do not mark below this line

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:14 pm

WingFanInAA wrote:
heyfolks wrote:
WingFanInAA wrote:
heyfolks wrote:
WingFanInAA wrote:

Jets in. I move on.

Wednesday, Jan 10
Ottawa @ Toronto

Minnesota @ Chicago

Thursday, Jan 11
Columbus @ Buffalo

Carolina @ Washington

Calgary @ Tampa Bay

1/10

1/11

BJ, Caps and Tampa

Nashville isn't playing, did you mean Ottawa (as in your first post?)

Opps yes the mighty Senators. LOL!
0 x

frankster
Tatar-sauce
Tatar-sauce

Postby frankster » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:49 pm

HF you need to go to Vegas with those 2 picks!!
and I'm not talking about to watch a game.
0 x

Machine
Zamboni Driver
Zamboni Driver

Postby Machine » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:54 pm

frankster wrote:HF you need to go to Vegas with those 2 picks!!
and I'm not talking about to watch a game.

Wow, no kidding. Nice job HF.
0 x

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:48 pm

Thanks but it was nothing other than i was in a hurry and when I realized it was a 5 game winner take all with two away games, I just looked at the 5 games took the two away games I thought the teams had a chance. The Wild game was an easy pick based on the thread here focused on their losing streak. The Sens... just a wild ass pick against Frankster in a game that really isn't an "away"game int he sense of travel, plus it's a rivalry. I coupled that with tomorrow's games. The BJs are the only road team I thought had a chance to win, so I had to pick Canes, Flames or Sens. Of the 3 it just seemed like the "easiest"road game was the Sens (I almost took the Canes).

I am good if Frankster wants to change picks tomorrow < we have the same ones.
0 x

frankster
Tatar-sauce
Tatar-sauce

Postby frankster » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:57 pm

heyfolks wrote:Thanks but it was nothing other than i was in a hurry and when I realized it was a 5 game winner take all with two away games, I just looked at the 5 games took the two away games I thought the teams had a chance. The Wild game was an easy pick based on the thread here focused on their losing streak. The Sens... just a wild ass pick against Frankster in a game that really isn't an "away"game int he sense of travel, plus it's a rivalry. I coupled that with tomorrow's games. The BJs are the only road team I thought had a chance to win, so I had to pick Canes, Flames or Sens. Of the 3 it just seemed like the "easiest"road game was the Sens (I almost took the Canes).

I am good if Frankster wants to change picks tomorrow < we have the same ones.

HF I think you misread my picks and are confused yet somehow you keep winning, lol.
I have the 3 away teams tonight and I'll keep them wish me luck I'll need it your in some kinda zone!!
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”