Holland gone after season...Is this real?

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
holytoledo
Trouble Maker

Re: Holland gone after season...Is this real?

Postby holytoledo » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:09 pm

There has basically been no noise about an extension whatsoever. I have been thinking a change is coming for several months now.
0 x

pokerandpucks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby pokerandpucks » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:25 pm

I don't disagree that it's a very real possibility, I just don't think this jackass is legit because he's writing that a possibility is a sure thing and he has inside info.
0 x
Take out the trash, fire Holland and Blash!

pokerandpucks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby pokerandpucks » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Pop Zeus wrote:A hack with sources.
Doesn't strike me as someone who'd make shit up.

The question I have is, how good are his sources?

"Sources." I can make an educated guess about something that's potentially happening and say I know for sure it will because I have sources.
0 x
Take out the trash, fire Holland and Blash!

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:33 pm

dcz28 wrote:
heyfolks wrote:One contract too late.

He should have retired at the same time Lidstrom did or at least before Yzerman left.

I agree. His ego and poor ownership (seemingly not engaged) has buried this organization.
0 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:

Pop Zeus
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby Pop Zeus » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:38 pm

pokerandpucks wrote:
Pop Zeus wrote:A hack with sources.
Doesn't strike me as someone who'd make shit up.

The question I have is, how good are his sources?

"Sources." I can make an educated guess about something that's potentially happening and say I know for sure it will because I have sources.

Sure you can. But if you do, and you do so with regularity, eventually you'll be known for doing so.
0 x
http://www.redwingsnow.com
Your source for regurgitated Red Wings News and crackpot opinions

Martin1259
The 'Not So Great One'
The 'Not So Great One'

Postby Martin1259 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:20 am

:clap:

I was at the last home game and Chris Ilitch was seen not to happy at the game - I for one saw him and talked to him briefly - He is at a wits end on what to do - "I don't think Chris (Ilitch) is thrilled with the team," another source said. He would not talk about Holland or Blashill at all - he is none to happy with the product on the ice which directly affects the people in the stands (way down now). Even with the new arena.

He after talking to him I wished him & his family a Happy New Year and let him be.
0 x
Hockey - Its not just a sport - its an adiction!
:twisted:

jaster
The 'Not So Great One'
The 'Not So Great One'

Postby jaster » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:39 am

If I had to put money down, I'd say Holland does walk away after this season. Given the current state of the organization and the fact that there has been zero talk of an extension, it seems inevitable.

He'll trade Green at the deadline, maybe manage to move Mrazek, and then step away from the GM job at the conclusion of the season. Once a new GM is in place, a new coach will be hired as well. The rebuild will be sped up, though not much, due to the anchor contracts on this team. Maybe Tatar gets traded in the off-season. Maybe Daley at next year's deadline. Maybe we get something for Howard and Nyquist along the way. But Abdelkader, DeKeyser, Nielsen, and Helm are here for the next 3-5 years.

I do hope Hank can hang on for 2 more years so there's at least a chance we can move Abdelkader before we risk seeing him wear the C.
1 x

TS Quint
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby TS Quint » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:07 am

jaster wrote:If I had to put money down, I'd say Holland does walk away after this season. Given the current state of the organization and the fact that there has been zero talk of an extension, it seems inevitable.

He'll trade Green at the deadline, maybe manage to move Mrazek, and then step away from the GM job at the conclusion of the season. Once a new GM is in place, a new coach will be hired as well. The rebuild will be sped up, though not much, due to the anchor contracts on this team. Maybe Tatar gets traded in the off-season. Maybe Daley at next year's deadline. Maybe we get something for Howard and Nyquist along the way. But Abdelkader, DeKeyser, Nielsen, and Helm are here for the next 3-5 years.

I do hope Hank can hang on for 2 more years so there's at least a chance we can move Abdelkader before we risk seeing him wear the C.

With the state of the Wings defense and goaltending it’s going to be at least 3-5 years to develop those positions anyway. Obviously it’s harder to predict defensemen but if this team made the right picks and had Jacob Larsson and Chychrun instead of Svechnikov and Cholo the Wings would be light years a head.

I’m not going suicidal about Svechnikov like some. Something must be wrong with him. I don’t know how else you reconcile the last half of last year vs the first half of this year. Same with Hicketts this year vs last. Talent isn’t my question with that pick. But the point being when you look at this team the obvious hole was on defense. And because defense takes longer to develop you need to establish that position first through the draft. Then you get the forwards and they come into the NHL together as a unit. But instead they picked a forward and then they traded down and missed out on Fabro and Chychrun. Cholo might end up being decent but he’s currently light years behind those two. Colossal errors that set this rebuild back 2 years.

Even last year I know it was popular to roast the Wings for not taking a different forward than Rasmussen but I’m looking at the run of defense that went just after : Foote, Brannstrom, Liljegren and Vaakanainen. There is a ton of potential with those guys. But forward again. I don’t get it.
0 x
"Two rules, man: Stay away from my fuckin' percocets and do you have any fucking percocets, man?"

Pop Zeus
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby Pop Zeus » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Svech started going downhill in the playoffs last year.
He doesn't skate well enough. He needs some big work.

By the way, is Chychryn even that good?

I wanted Vilardi, Necas, Thomas or Liljegren last year.

And when I saw Liljegren at the World Junior showcase, I couldn't believe how good he looked. He was the one guy on the ice (Dahlin included) who looked like he could be an Erik Karlsson.
Dahlin, though, looked like he could be a great all-around guy - not so much the fourth forward that Karlsson is.
0 x

TS Quint
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby TS Quint » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:07 pm

Pop Zeus wrote:Svech started going downhill in the playoffs last year.
He doesn't skate well enough. He needs some big work.

By the way, is Chychryn even that good?

I wanted Vilardi, Necas, Thomas or Liljegren last year.

And when I saw Liljegren at the World Junior showcase, I couldn't believe how good he looked. He was the one guy on the ice (Dahlin included) who looked like he could be an Erik Karlsson.
Dahlin, though, looked like he could be a great all-around guy - not so much the fourth forward that Karlsson is.

Chychryn is 19 in the NHL. He's coming off a big injury on a shit team that's why you don't hear much about him. Maybe he doesn't become an all star #1 Dman, maybe he does, but I have a hard time not seeing him be at least decent 2nd pair.

5 points in 12 games this year, 20 points in 68 games last year. The offense is there already as a 19 year old. He's 6'2, 210 lbs. I'd take that on my team

I can see wanting to draft those forwards they are easier to judge where they will end up and they look like good players. My problem is the defense on the Wings are all shit. Their prospects are pretty shitty too. Its just such a big hole at what point do you fill it? I'm tired of this bullshit "get some extra darts to throw at the draft board" crap. Find the best player and take him. This team needs real players not 3rd liners and bottom pairing Dmen.
1 x

Return to “General Discussion”