WJC 2018 Thread

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
southfield sam
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Re: WJC 2018 Thread

Postby southfield sam » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:38 pm

The ole let's blame the refs for shitty play
0 x

TS Quint
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby TS Quint » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:48 pm

southfield sam wrote:The ole let's blame the refs for shitty play

Shitty? HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! Another good one little buddy.
0 x
"Two rules, man: Stay away from my fuckin' percocets and do you have any fucking percocets, man?"

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:18 am

Pop Zeus wrote:The minor penalties were 6-3.
Canada got hosed yesterday.
It was 2-0 and Canada looked like they might pull away and four straight penalties against Canada.

What SS said. That's just ridiculous. I'll wager you didn't even watching the game. A few highlights (from TSN so you don't question the outlet)

https://www.tsn.ca/world-juniors/game/u ... 1229/Stats

Are you saying the 1st penalty or 2nd penalty in the 3rd should NOT have been called? Hell, even the TSN announcer called it. The boarding call should have been a major and an eject. Again, even the Canadian announcers saw it that way. Of course the 1st two Canadian goals were on power plays.... did you bitch about those calls? Of course the USA had to kill off a penalty later in the 3rd, but you didn't mention that call.

Just nonsense. This was a game that should not have been player, or stopped/suspended, but the stripes didn't impact the outcome with bad/biased calls.
0 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:00 pm

2018 World Juniors: Bellows finding another gear has been welcome surprise for USA

A move to the WHL and into Team USA's leadership group has allowed Kieffer Bellows to take his game to another level, and it's paying off as the Americans are heading to the semifinal at the world juniors.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/artic ... se-for-usa

Next up for the USA is Sweden.
0 x

frankster
Tatar-sauce
Tatar-sauce

Postby frankster » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:05 pm

good to see the USA game is at 4pm when most of us are working, don't you think they could've switched game times for NA crowd, actually it would benefit both games to switch times.
STUPID.
0 x

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:12 pm

frankster wrote:good to see the USA game is at 4pm when most of us are working, don't you think they could've switched game times for NA crowd, actually it would benefit both games to switch times.
STUPID.

Before the semi finals they used 2 rinks, plus the snow game outside. They are now only using the one rink and, of course, needed to adjust the schedule. The time slots worked out with Canada and the Czech Republic getting the 8 PM EST start.

Not a big fan of DISH, but it does have a remote app for your cell phone that allows you to record the game. It is awesome. < You can also project onto a wireless TV. We were up in the mountains for Thanksgiving, with only internet TV. She used our at home DISH to telecast the football games. < That's love. Anyway, if you have that feature you can record the game. That or leave early is all I've got.

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team- ... s/schedule
0 x

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:24 pm

USA loses, Canada ROLLS.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752 ... d-reaction

Final is Canada vs. Sweden
0 x

TS Quint
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby TS Quint » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:13 pm

Sweden didn't have a great game but they had a great 2 minutes in the 3rd. USA looked like a punched out boxer. They all looked like they we sucking wind and the goaltender went to shit.
0 x
"Two rules, man: Stay away from my fuckin' percocets and do you have any fucking percocets, man?"

TS Quint
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby TS Quint » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:49 pm

Canada and Sweden for the gold.

Canada is a different type of team this year. No real high picks on their team but they're deep, 14 of their players have scored a goal.

Some players who have had a good tournament:

Kyrou (STL)- Seems like when he's on the ice the puck follows him around. He had a really good camp with the Blues having 4 points in 4 games but got sent down and went on to be leading the OHL in scoring.

Makar (COL)- He didn't get much action in the beginning but after some injuries he got some time and he's 2nd in scoring and 1st in goals for dmen in the tournament.

Disappointing tournament:

Everyone has been pretty good on this team. Maybe Clague hasn't lived up to what I thought a best Canadian D would be. He's leading the WHL in scoring but only has one assist. He does have 15 shots on goal.

I've liked watching Sweden. They rely on some top end talent to get the job done.

Some players who have had a good tournament:

The big 3 on forward, Andersson, Nylander and Pettersson. Andersson and Petterson especially for being a year younger. The Rangers and Canucks have a good players here. Nylander to me a little less noticable. Although he's leading the team in points with 7 points but only 1 goal.

Dahlin has been worth watching. Very smooth. He doesn't often go for the impressive play just the right one. He's not likely to thread the needle over two lines from behind his net. He will skate it up to the blue line make a 15 foot pass to a player in stride making an easy offensive zone entry. That's not one of those things that jumps out of you until you look for it but then you see he just makes the right play so often.

Disappointing tournament:

I don't have much against the Swedes either. Maybe Liljegren, he was considered a top 3 pick last year until he got sick (mono?) and fell to the mid first. I was looking to see if he would bounce back but meh.

My pick: Canada. they're too deep and too good. They will be able to roll their lines and grind down Sweden's top players. 5-2 Canada.
0 x

Pop Zeus
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby Pop Zeus » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:59 pm

Liljegren has been very good.
So slick and smooth with the puck. He could probably play in the NHL right now.
Brannstrom is the guy who has not played well.
0 x
http://www.redwingsnow.com
Your source for regurgitated Red Wings News and crackpot opinions

Return to “General Discussion”