WJC 2018 Thread

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
Pop Zeus
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Re: WJC 2018 Thread

Postby Pop Zeus » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:11 am

I saw Rasmussen, Lindstrom and Kotkansalo (And Petrulluzi) at the WJ Showcase last summer.

Lindstrom and Kotkansalo showed absolutely nothing, in terms of potential, skill, skating or physicality. Petruzelli didn't look good either.
0 x
http://www.redwingsnow.com
Your source for regurgitated Red Wings News and crackpot opinions

southfield sam
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Postby southfield sam » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:54 am

ROTFLMAO!! They showed so badly that they made their respective World junior teams as 18 year olds!! You're too fucking much!
0 x

Martin1259
The 'Not So Great One'
The 'Not So Great One'

Postby Martin1259 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:22 pm

I really enjoyed watching part of the Czech Vs. Russia game yesterday afternoon - The Czech's could really transition form Defense to Offense very quickly - the Russians seemed to not be interested in the game till the very end. Good break out passing that started some very nice plays in the offensive zone by the Czech's.
0 x
Hockey - Its not just a sport - its an adiction!
:twisted:

TS Quint
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby TS Quint » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:03 pm

This USA Vs Canada outdoor game is unfortunate. The snow is pounding down. I get it for a NHL regular season game. If weather is bad who cares its only one game of 82. But in a short tournament like the WJC one game makes a big difference.

Looks like the Sabers have a good one in Casey Mittelstadt. He's having a great tournament.

Kieffer Bellows (NYI) is another guy that's been really good. I was interested to see how this guy was going to do this year. Much like Cholo he dropped out of college to play in the WHL and it appears to be helping him. He's having a good season on a strong Portland team and one of the best players on the US.
1 x
"Two rules, man: Stay away from my fuckin' percocets and do you have any fucking percocets, man?"

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:23 pm

TS Quint wrote:This USA Vs Canada outdoor game is unfortunate. The snow is pounding down. I get it for a NHL regular season game. If weather is bad who cares its only one game of 82. But in a short tournament like the WJC one game makes a big difference.

Looks like the Sabers have a good one in Casey Mittelstadt. He's having a great tournament.

Kieffer Bellows (NYI) is another guy that's been really good. I was interested to see how this guy was going to do this year. Much like Cholo he dropped out of college to play in the WHL and it appears to be helping him. He's having a good season on a strong Portland team and one of the best players on the US.

Was just going to post the exact comment. That isn't a hockey game. You can barely see any of the lines.
1 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:

JimIs70
All Star Vote Getter
All Star Vote Getter

Postby JimIs70 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:59 pm

Well, the USA won it anyway. Good for them.
0 x

TS Quint
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby TS Quint » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:42 pm

JimIs70 wrote:Well, the USA won it anyway. Good for them.

Good for confidence maybe. But Canada just needs to beat Denmark to take 1st in the pool.
0 x
"Two rules, man: Stay away from my fuckin' percocets and do you have any fucking percocets, man?"

cska91
Tatar-sauce
Tatar-sauce

Postby cska91 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:25 am

Canada was obviously the more skilled team (at least to me anyway) and the snow was more detrimental to their efforts. The Americans played a more straight forward game and had the added incentive of not wanting to lose a second time. That helped them take the edge. I walked away thinking that, were they to play indoors, the Canucks would have won easily.
0 x
"We got a blueprint of how to be better. We just didn't execute there." - Jeff Blashill

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:33 pm

cska91 wrote:

Canada was obviously the more skilled team (at least to me anyway) and the snow was more detrimental to their efforts. The Americans played a more straight forward game and had the added incentive of not wanting to lose a second time. That helped them take the edge. I walked away thinking that, were they to play indoors, the Canucks would have won easily.

USA is the favorite to win the tourney. They return 7 players. The ran into a hot netminder in their loss. That all said, the snow game was a farce, a carnival, not really a hockey game suited to compare skills, system, etc. A puck along the board just stops with players over skating it or having to come to a complete stop to retrieve it. You couldn't see the lines, any of them. Thankfully, they had no close plays on the goal line.

This game should have been called off. It wasn't fair to either team, but this is a tournament, not a league game. The schedule likely wouldn't allow for it.

FUNNY PLAY - A Canadian player is regrouping and turns to go back up ice in front of his goalie. The netminder has his stick high and catches him in the mug. He gives him a look over his should like ... fucking goalies. :rollin:
0 x

Pop Zeus
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby Pop Zeus » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:07 pm

The minor penalties were 6-3.
Canada got hosed yesterday.
It was 2-0 and Canada looked like they might pull away and four straight penalties against Canada.
0 x
http://www.redwingsnow.com
Your source for regurgitated Red Wings News and crackpot opinions

Return to “General Discussion”