Svechkin Struggle Article

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
WingFanInAA
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Re: Svechkin Struggle Article

Postby WingFanInAA » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:50 pm

frankster wrote:
TS Quint wrote:
frankster wrote:bring him up and put him with Larkin.

Why do you hate Svechnikov and Larkin so much? He's struggling at the AHL level so you want to put him in an even more difficult league, against the most difficult opponents and make Larkin try and carry him. How to destroy young players 101.

Didn't they play really good together last year?
I remember Svechnikov flying around and they actually were connecting on passes.
IDK, maybe it was only 2-3 games but still they seams to click.
Larkin is a strange player to play with, maybe Svech is the guy for him and vice versa.
Hull and Oates, Sedin and Sedin, et. al.

Was I the only one that read the bold part and heard the song "Out of Touch" by Hall and Oates? Ugh
0 x
Do not mark below this line

Kronstantinov
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Postby Kronstantinov » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:43 pm

Svechkin scored more goals on the last 2 days of the year than he has all season previously.
The article I pasted here mentions that Svechkin also started the year off with only 2 goals and 3 assists in the first 20 games last year (but then produced at nearly a point a game for the rest of the year and finished the year with much better totals than reither Mantha or AA had in their rokkie pro years) but this year he continued to go pointless for another 7 games before scoring on Saturday (one-timer on a nice feed from Holmstrom and almost identical to his first goal on Sunday).
0 x

rangeredwing
Datsyukian Deke
Datsyukian Deke

Postby rangeredwing » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:39 pm

How is his effort? If he is playing hard the goals will come.
0 x

El Jefe
Datsyukian Deke
Datsyukian Deke

Postby El Jefe » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:41 pm

Kronstantinov wrote:Svechkin scored more goals on the last 2 days of the year than he has all season previously.
The article I pasted here mentions that Svechkin also started the year off with only 2 goals and 3 assists in the first 20 games last year (but then produced at nearly a point a game for the rest of the year and finished the year with much better totals than reither Mantha or AA had in their rokkie pro years) but this year he continued to go pointless for another 7 games before scoring on Saturday (one-timer on a nice feed from Holmstrom and almost identical to his first goal on Sunday).

Are you speaking of Svech-NIK-ov? Or Svech-KIN?
0 x

Pop Zeus
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby Pop Zeus » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:31 pm

I miss Drum and his streams.
With Svech playing well it might be worth watching a few Griffs games
0 x
http://www.redwingsnow.com
Your source for regurgitated Red Wings News and crackpot opinions

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:06 pm

Pop Zeus wrote:I miss Drum and his streams.
With Svech playing well it might be worth watching a few Griffs games

I agree.
0 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:

Kronstantinov
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Postby Kronstantinov » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:04 pm

El Jefe wrote:
Kronstantinov wrote:Svechkin scored more goals on the last 2 days of the year than he has all season previously.

I just call him Svechkin because of the similarities to Ovechkin.
:)
0 x

Kronstantinov
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Postby Kronstantinov » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:12 pm

rangeredwing wrote:How is his effort? If he is playing hard the goals will come.

I have only watched 1 Griffins’ game this year but I catch all of the highlights (some teams post 10+ min. highlights for their games, Griffs post all of the goals (Griffin’ goals from 2 angles and a handful of other highlights for their home games, they post whatever the home team posts for highlights on Griffsvision(their YouTube page)) and post game interviews. Nelson was asked about it a couple of times and doesn’t question his effort and seems to think it’s a matter of being snake bitten and confidence. Hopefully he has regained it now.
0 x

Kronstantinov
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Postby Kronstantinov » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Chowloski also finished the year strong with a 2 goal 2 assist game and he followed it up with a 2 goal game yesterday to start the new year giving him 12g 23a in 35 games 1 point behind the team lead and he leads them in +/-.
0 x

El Jefe
Datsyukian Deke
Datsyukian Deke

Postby El Jefe » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:16 pm

Kronstantinov wrote:
El Jefe wrote:

I just call him Svechkin because of the similarities to Ovechkin.
:)

Of course!! :mrgreen:
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”