Blackhawks drop 5 in a row.

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
barbrady
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Re: Blackhawks drop 5 in a row.

Postby barbrady » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:54 pm

He pulled a Holland. Win 3 cups then go full retard.
0 x
~Image~

Wizard of Corsica
All Star Vote Getter
All Star Vote Getter

Postby Wizard of Corsica » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:04 pm

Pop Zeus wrote:Bowman and company screwed the pooch
Last year they brought back Campbell (17 points) and Oduya.

This year they brought back Sharp (7 points in 28 games) and Saad (14 points in 28 games).

Very Hollandesque.

There's nothing you can do about paying your stars. You either pay them or lose them.

The Hawks still have a solid core.

If I was Chicago, I'd explore moving Kane to Buffalo. Maybe something like
Patrick Kane for Middelstadt, Evander Kane and Sam Reinhart

If they are going to trade a core guy they would want to think more toward the future than that I'd think.

And their biggest problem ultimately is that Duncan Keith has been in a steady decline since the 2015 playoffs, and Hjarlmarrssson for longer than that.

I used to think they could get one more serious run out of this core group if Bowman was smart, but man, they have looked spent from what little I've seen. His moves have been dumb too.
0 x
This shit lit bruh

TS Quint
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby TS Quint » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:31 am

Kronstantinov wrote:They're a small team now but Panarin for Saad was a terrible trade.

Especially when you compare it to when the Hawks traded him to the BJs.
0 x
"Two rules, man: Stay away from my fuckin' percocets and do you have any fucking percocets, man?"

Kronstantinov
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Postby Kronstantinov » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:47 pm

TS Quint wrote:
Kronstantinov wrote:They're a small team now but Panarin for Saad was a terrible trade.

I think they made the trade to get a little bigger but it is always shortsighted to trade a better player for one that isn't as good to address a need.
0 x

Zattaman
Tatar-sauce
Tatar-sauce

Postby Zattaman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:59 pm

Kronstantinov wrote:
TS Quint wrote:

I think they made the trade to get a little bigger but it is always shortsighted to trade a better player for one that isn't as good to address a need.

Honestly, it was one of the strangest trades in recent history. Panarin's chemistry with Kane, his production, his ability to make plays, his cap hit (same as Saad's)... Even the fact that he's slightly smaller doesn't mean much, as Saad is no power-forward.

Only thing Hawks bought themselves is more time. Saad's contract expires in 4 years. Panarin's, at the end of next season.

Still, Bowman's concern should be to win NOW.
0 x

Kronstantinov
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Postby Kronstantinov » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:24 pm

Zattaman wrote:
Kronstantinov wrote:
TS Quint wrote:

Honestly, it was one of the strangest trades in recent history. Panarin's chemistry with Kane, his production, his ability to make plays, his cap hit (same as Saad's)... Even the fact that he's slightly smaller doesn't mean much, as Saad is no power-forward.

Only thing Hawks bought themselves is more time. Saad's contract expires in 4 years. Panarin's, at the end of next season.

Still, Bowman's concern should be to win NOW.

40 lbs isn’t a slight difference.
1 x

TS Quint
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby TS Quint » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:04 am

Kronstantinov wrote:
TS Quint wrote:

They made the trade to help fix little Stan’s shitty cap management.
0 x
"Two rules, man: Stay away from my fuckin' percocets and do you have any fucking percocets, man?"

TS Quint
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby TS Quint » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:06 am

3 losses in a row 7 points out of the playoffs.

0 x

holytoledo
Trouble Maker

Postby holytoledo » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:42 am

54 mil tied up in 8 players next year.

Biggest contract coming off the books is Duclair's 1.2 mil and he's an arbitration eligible RFA.

Toews has fewer points than Larkin.
Seabrook has fewer points than Kronwall.
Keith is -7

Only high end guys playing anywhere near their contracts are Kane & Crawford. But with the highest cap hit in the league Kane @ 17th overall in scoring is kind of a stretch there.

Kane's probably the only guy they could move that would return much and free up space, but there aren't many teams that can take on 10 mil. If they could get a high pick/top prospect D and a scoring winger making like 6 mil for him they'd be doing well.

I don't think I'd trade AA, our 1st and Franzen's contract for him. If we were a "legit contender" sure, but not with where this team is at.

Vegas has a lot of cap space. They could do something like a package built around Reilly Smith and their first if they want to try to grab Kane and go for the cup in their first season. (I think it'd take more than that and Vegas has a shit ton of picks to play with.)
0 x

TS Quint
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby TS Quint » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:53 am

holytoledo wrote:54 mil tied up in 8 players next year.

Biggest contract coming off the books is Duclair's 1.2 mil and he's an arbitration eligible RFA.

Toews has fewer points than Larkin.
Seabrook has fewer points than Kronwall.
Keith is -7

Only high end guys playing anywhere near their contracts are Kane & Crawford. But with the highest cap hit in the league Kane @ 17th overall in scoring is kind of a stretch there.

Kane's probably the only guy they could move that would return much and free up space, but there aren't many teams that can take on 10 mil. If they could get a high pick/top prospect D and a scoring winger making like 6 mil for him they'd be doing well.

I don't think I'd trade AA, our 1st and Franzen's contract for him. If we were a "legit contender" sure, but not with where this team is at.

Vegas has a lot of cap space. They could do something like a package built around Reilly Smith and their first if they want to try to grab Kane and go for the cup in their first season. (I think it'd take more than that and Vegas has a shit ton of picks to play with.)

To move Kane I think they need to retain about 2 million along with his contract being top heavy in real cash make him easy to move if that’s the direction they wanted to go. At 10.5,forget it. That was a terrible contract from the day it was signed.
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”