Booth gets one year deal with Wings

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
George Costanza
Dan Cleary Fan Club
Dan Cleary Fan Club

Booth gets one year deal with Wings

Postby George Costanza » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:05 am

0 x

aTTicA
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Re: Booth gets one year deal with Wings

Postby aTTicA » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:33 am

seems like a smart move. I was hoping in preseason the wings would find a way to keep frk up and sign booth for near the league min and thats what they did. A 2 way deal is more of a bonus. He was one of the better if not the best guy we had on the ice in most of the games he played (except the game we dressed a full lineup).

at 700K he can be waived without any cap hit so thats good. Watching him play he seemed pretty strong on the boards and in terms of puck recovery and forcing turnovers/creating chances. Someone mentioned a cleary comparison and thats kinda how he seemed to me. Hard working, goes to the net, the ability to play int he top 6 or on the checking line and still be effective. PK, power play. Seems like an ideal 12/13 forward.
0 x

Zattaman
Tatar-sauce
Tatar-sauce

Postby Zattaman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:32 pm

He's been put on waivers together with Sproul. I guess both guys will start the season in GR.
0 x

aTTicA
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Postby aTTicA » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:46 pm

id argue that is a possibility but not certain. Holland needs to be under the cap by opening night. That means in addition to things like the potential AA contract, and given that we have next to no players that can be moved down without clearing waivers, he has to be ready to send players down without waiting the 2 days to clear them.

The wings have waived a number of players over the last 5-6 years and kept them on the active roster and or in the lineup for months afterwords.

With that said at D? Part of the reason for signing witkowsi is that he can play D also. Most teams dont carry 8 defensemen in the first place. HAving witkowski at forward makes a potential 9th. IF the wings end up with a 22 man roster instead of 23 id be stunned to see them carry 8 D and 12 forwards meaning barring injuries sproul xo or jensen will get sent down eventually.
0 x

barbrady
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Postby barbrady » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:57 pm

David Booth is the kind of guy you sign cheap after you let your replaceable depth (Abdelkader, Helm, Glendenning) leave for bigger contracts. Not when you're so tight against the cap you can't sign one of your most promising RFAs.

Oh well. It's the league minimum, he cleared waivers. This team sucks and is going nowhere anyway. Maybe he can make a roster spot away from Sheahan. Then I'd love this signing.
0 x
~Image~

WingFanInAA
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby WingFanInAA » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:14 pm

barbrady wrote:David Booth is the kind of guy you sign cheap after you let your replaceable depth (Abdelkader, Helm, Glendenning) leave for bigger contracts. Not when you're so tight against the cap you can't sign one of your most promising RFAs.

Oh well. It's the league minimum, he cleared waivers. This team sucks and is going nowhere anyway. Maybe he can make a roster spot away from Sheahan. Then I'd love this signing.

Sheahan scored 0 goals for 79 games and didn't lose his spot....not sure it is possible for anyone to bump him even from the fucking power play, let alone the roster.
0 x
Do not mark below this line

barbrady
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Postby barbrady » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:11 pm

WingFanInAA wrote:
barbrady wrote:David Booth is the kind of guy you sign cheap after you let your replaceable depth (Abdelkader, Helm, Glendenning) leave for bigger contracts. Not when you're so tight against the cap you can't sign one of your most promising RFAs.

Sheahan scored 0 goals for 79 games and didn't lose his spot....not sure it is possible for anyone to bump him even from the fucking power play, let alone the roster.

Stop making me depressed :(
0 x
~Image~

Return to “General Discussion”