Sheahan for Pouliot + Pick Once Athanasiou is Signed

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
PrimeauDonna
Zamboni Driver
Zamboni Driver
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:28 pm
x 97
x 70

Re: Sheahan for Pouliot + Pick Once Athanasiou is Signed

Postby PrimeauDonna » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:56 pm

I think Sheahan has discipline issues and that's the reason for this trade. He got teletipsy pretty recently at a Halloween Thanksgiving Party, and he's been in the dog bus ever since.
0 x
"And in typical Russian class the Russians leave the ice before paying their respect to the Canadian national anthem.... I don't even know of a Russian you would be speaking of that I have condemned because of his nationality." - TSQ

Pop Zeus
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey
Posts: 13327
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:51 am
x 8
x 1526

Re: Sheahan for Pouliot + Pick Once Athanasiou is Signed

Postby Pop Zeus » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:22 am

From Hfboards Pittsburgh board poster
-From what Mackey understands, the trade is tied into the Athanasiou situation, trade would be Pouliot out and Sheahan in once AA is re-signed. Nothing new there. However, AA is feeling even more strongly about going to Russia now. If AA goes to Russia, it becomes muddled if the trade would actually happen.
0 x
http://www.redwingsnow.com
Your source for regurgitated Red Wings News and crackpot opinions

aTTicA
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey
Posts: 3107
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:47 am
x 408
x 849

Re: Sheahan for Pouliot + Pick Once Aseems thanasiou is Signed

Postby aTTicA » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 am

well this is just getting less and less credible. Sounds like the same rumor that was being milled around the vegas expansion draft.

and it also would seem that by most reports its getting less and less likely aa will sign in the khl, not the other way around
0 x

User avatar
pokerandpucks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey
Posts: 4486
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:29 am
x 19
x 1271

Re: Sheahan for Pouliot + Pick Once Athanasiou is Signed

Postby pokerandpucks » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:04 am

Pop Zeus wrote:
southfield sam wrote:depends on the pick. at least Sheahan can play at the NHL level. Pouliot is looking like a complete bust

I'm not a fan of trading Sheahan.
I'd rather move Helm or Nielsen even if requires eating salary.

It boggles the mind that this team is considering moving 25 year olds while keeping all these oldtimers around.


Sheahan is maybe a 3rd line center that they probably shouldn't re-sign next summer, and is more attractive than the guys on the shit show contracts Holland has gifted grinders and vets. You have to move who you can move.
0 x
Take out the trash, fire Holland and Blash!

User avatar
heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey
Posts: 8384
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:09 am
x 3377
x 1160

Re: Sheahan for Pouliot + Pick Once Athanasiou is Signed

Postby heyfolks » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:18 am

southfield sam wrote:depends on the pick. at least Sheahan can play at the NHL level. Pouliot is looking like a complete bust



So is Sta Puft aka Teletubby aka cat lover aka Sheahan
0 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:

User avatar
Zattaman
Tatar-sauce
Tatar-sauce
Posts: 1778
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:26 pm
x 166
x 369

Re: Sheahan for Pouliot + Pick Once Athanasiou is Signed

Postby Zattaman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Whether AA signs or not, Holland has to make that trade. We have no cap space and very few movable pieces.

He would need to bury Witkowski, Sproul, and Jensen in the minors to get the same cap hit as trading Sheahan. Even then, it looks like we'll be 1.5M over the cap.

In fact, Holland can't afford to sign AA regardless of Sheahan's status. Not this season. Which is probably why he's playing hardball with him.

Next year, Green is off the books and Mrazek is a RFA. In order to retain Mrazek's rights, Holland has to offer him 100% of this season's salary. I don't see that happening (unless Mrazek clearly outplays Howard).

So, that's 10M off the books. Larkin and Mantha will get their raises, AA will get a new contract, and Coreau, who will also be a RFA, will get a nominal raise to be the backup.
0 x

El Jefe
Datsyukian Deke
Datsyukian Deke
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:43 am
Location: Albuquerque, NM
x 279
x 454

Re: Sheahan for Pouliot + Pick Once Athanasiou is Signed

Postby El Jefe » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:14 pm

Zattaman wrote:Whether AA signs or not, Holland has to make that trade. We have no cap space and very few movable pieces.

He would need to bury Witkowski, Sproul, and Jensen in the minors to get the same cap hit as trading Sheahan. Even then, it looks like we'll be 1.5M over the cap.

In fact, Holland can't afford to sign AA regardless of Sheahan's status. Not this season. Which is probably why he's playing hardball with him.

Next year, Green is off the books and Mrazek is a RFA. In order to retain Mrazek's rights, Holland has to offer him 100% of this season's salary. I don't see that happening (unless Mrazek clearly outplays Howard).

So, that's 10M off the books. Larkin and Mantha will get their raises, AA will get a new contract, and Coreau, who will also be a RFA, will get a nominal raise to be the backup.


Does anybody else think Ken Holland's personal checking account is overdrawn, and his credit cards are maxed out?
0 x

southfield sam
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion
Posts: 2656
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:53 pm
x 18
x 303

Re: Sheahan for Pouliot + Pick Once Athanasiou is Signed

Postby southfield sam » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:29 am

Pouliot sucks
0 x

User avatar
Martin1259
The 'Not So Great One'
The 'Not So Great One'
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:52 am
Location: Holt, Michigan
x 198
x 27
Contact:

Re: Sheahan for Pouliot + Pick Once Athanasiou is Signed

Postby Martin1259 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:04 am

El Jefe wrote:
Zattaman wrote:Does anybody else think Ken Holland's personal checking account is overdrawn, and his credit cards are maxed out?


ROFLMAO!!!! :rollin:
0 x
Hockey - Its not just a sport - its an adiction!
:twisted:

User avatar
heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey
Posts: 8384
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:09 am
x 3377
x 1160

Re: Sheahan for Pouliot + Pick Once Athanasiou is Signed

Postby heyfolks » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:12 pm

southfield sam wrote:Pouliot sucks



So it's an even trade.
0 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests