Why Detroit will most likely miss the play-offs again this year!

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
reginawing
Veteran 4th Liner
Veteran 4th Liner
Posts: 737
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Regina, Sask Canada
x 5
x 57

Why Detroit will most likely miss the play-offs again this year!

Postby reginawing » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:04 pm

Holland "Last season, veterans including defensemen Niklas Kronwall and Jonathan Ericsson, forwards Justin Abdelkader and Darren Helm, and goalie Jimmy Howard all missed extended time with injuries. "The players replacing those [injured] players are not as good as those players," Holland said. "Those are NHL players."
Detroit was also 26th in scoring. ""We didn't score enough last year" Yet no AA contract but brings in 2 more 4 th line players at best.
I think this shows how weak Holland is in judging talent in todays NHL. Niklas Kronwall and Jonathan Ericsson are not NHL players just like Cleary wasn't and Holland keeps them with solid ice time for years after. He thinks the list are NHL stars. Helm & Abdelkader are 4th line players but in Detroit they are given star ice time.
Coaching is in line with Holland game plans so most of the kids miss used and treated as a result most had a poorer year last year then the year before. The kids have to show growth and under this management/coaching they regressed last year. Holland plans to do the same thing yet he expects different results. A different GM and coach would have this team back to where it belongs in 2 years. Without changes expect wings to miss play-off for the next few years. Holland if still in power will not stand for this so if he gets an extention next year he will be trading most of the kids for veterans to sqeeze into a play=off position. :oops:
0 x

User avatar
pokerandpucks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey
Posts: 4415
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:29 am
x 19
x 1251

Re: Why Detroit will most likely miss the play-offs again this year!

Postby pokerandpucks » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Coach is an idiot and the D is terrible, along with suspect goaltending
2 x
Take out the trash, fire Holland and Blash!

User avatar
barbrady
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion
Posts: 2161
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:03 pm
x 169
x 816

Re: Why Detroit will most likely miss the play-offs again this year!

Postby barbrady » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Their best player will be 37 years old when the season starts.

Basically the same roster as last season. Trevor Daley is black Brendan Smith. D is still just as bad. Offense is worse without Vanek and now potentially AA.

They'll be extremely lucky if they finish with 79 points again.
1 x

User avatar
Kronstantinov
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion
Posts: 2719
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:20 am
Location: Toronto
x 591
x 426

Re: Why Detroit will most likely miss the play-offs again this year!

Postby Kronstantinov » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:13 pm

barbrady wrote:Their best player will be 37 years old when the season starts.

Basically the same roster as last season. Trevor Daley is black Brendan Smith. D is still just as bad. Offense is worse without Vanek and now potentially AA.

They'll be extremely lucky if they finish with 79 points again.

Smaller less physical Smith.
0 x

User avatar
Kronstantinov
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion
Posts: 2719
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:20 am
Location: Toronto
x 591
x 426

Re: Why Detroit will most likely miss the play-offs again this year!

Postby Kronstantinov » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Despite Vanek's production, I'm pretty sure the Wings goal scoring and winning percentage improved a little after he was traded.
0 x

User avatar
heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey
Posts: 8182
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:09 am
x 3320
x 1140

Re: Why Detroit will most likely miss the play-offs again this year!

Postby heyfolks » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Trevor Daley - Such a horrible signing. 34, 3 years over 3M per. FUCK! HOLLAND NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!

PS: the guy is no more, nor less, black than Obama. I mean both have white mothers and Trevor's kids will be 3/4 white (he married a white woman). That said, I don't care because this signing SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



PLAYOFFS...LMAO!


This roster should be, and I predict will be, fire sold no later than 2-1-18 and certainly before the 18th deadline.
1 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:

dcz28
Two Kids and a Goat
Two Kids and a Goat
Posts: 1511
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:51 pm
x 137
x 320

Re: Why Detroit will most likely miss the play-offs again this year!

Postby dcz28 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:02 pm

Kronstantinov wrote:Despite Vanek's production, I'm pretty sure the Wings goal scoring and winning percentage improved a little after he was traded.


Could it have something to do with teams playing their backup goalies against the Wings at that point? No saying this was the case, just wondering if this might have been a factor in the goal scoring and winning percentage being higher after the trade deadline when team truly knew this Wings team was a dud.
0 x
Play hard or get off the ice

User avatar
barbrady
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion
Posts: 2161
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:03 pm
x 169
x 816

Re: Why Detroit will most likely miss the play-offs again this year!

Postby barbrady » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:18 pm

dcz28 wrote:
Kronstantinov wrote:Despite Vanek's production, I'm pretty sure the Wings goal scoring and winning percentage improved a little after he was traded.


Could it have something to do with teams playing their backup goalies against the Wings at that point? No saying this was the case, just wondering if this might have been a factor in the goal scoring and winning percentage being higher after the trade deadline when team truly knew this Wings team was a dud.


That had nothing to do with it, because Kronstantinov is incorrect.

Before the trade deadline the Wings were 25-25-11
Afterward they were 8-10-3

And remember Vanek missed a bunch of games with injury.
Overall the Wings were 22-18-8 with Vanek in the lineup and 11-17-6 without him.

Didn't bother looking up the goal scoring, but I find it hard to believe they improved after the guy who was 2nd on the team in PPG was gone.
0 x

Griff21
Veteran 4th Liner
Veteran 4th Liner
Posts: 570
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:34 pm
x 648
x 104

Re: Why Detroit will most likely miss the play-offs again this year!

Postby Griff21 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:25 pm

Ken Holland is in Charge of the Roster......
0 x

User avatar
Kronstantinov
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion
Posts: 2719
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:20 am
Location: Toronto
x 591
x 426

Re: Why Detroit will most likely miss the play-offs again this year!

Postby Kronstantinov » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:50 pm

barbrady wrote:
dcz28 wrote:
Kronstantinov wrote:Despite Vanek's production, I'm pretty sure the Wings goal scoring and winning percentage improved a little after he was traded.


Could it have something to do with teams playing their backup goalies against the Wings at that point? No saying this was the case, just wondering if this might have been a factor in the goal scoring and winning percentage being higher after the trade deadline when team truly knew this Wings team was a dud.


That had nothing to do with it, because Kronstantinov is incorrect.

Before the trade deadline the Wings were 25-25-11
Afterward they were 8-10-3

And remember Vanek missed a bunch of games with injury.
Overall the Wings were 22-18-8 with Vanek in the lineup and 11-17-6 without him.

Didn't bother looking up the goal scoring, but I find it hard to believe they improved after the guy who was 2nd on the team in PPG was gone.


I.guess I was. I have never been as disinterested in the Wings as I have become after the first half of season with Blash behind the bench (and I was more enthusiastic about them at the start of season than in previous seasons.
I know the PP started scoring goals near the end of the season.
0 x


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Pop Zeus and 3 guests