AA To KHL?

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Re: AA To KHL?

Postby heyfolks » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:38 pm

#1 best signing ever was Hudler to the KHL. $5M/season for 2 years, tax free. Great city, great team and he does well in a far less physical league. He comes back here pays his penance and signs a big deal again.

He has the Cups and the money.

atta boy Happy, atta boy.
0 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:

wings8
Zamboni Driver
Zamboni Driver

Postby wings8 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:29 pm

aTTicA wrote:im fairly certain they are offering him more than 1.4 mil regardless of what our cap structure is. Hes put up solid numbers in limited minutes and despite some of his defficiencies tehres jsut no way hes going to sign for 1.4. Im betting when this shakes out hell get somewhere around 3 mil for 4 years.

LOL! 3 mil - really? What are you smoking?
Holland will never give AA more than 1.8 he gave Glendaning. And I don't see AA asking for 3+. I think he asks for 2.5 and KH is trying to screw him.
0 x

pokerandpucks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby pokerandpucks » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:11 pm

AA should be getting somewhere between $2 mil and $2.5 mil. depending on the length of the deal. Holland wants to pay him the least possible amount he can because he went overboard with too many other guys and can't afford to pay him what he's worth.

Like I said, I'd be looking at Europe too.
0 x
Take out the trash, fire Holland and Blash!

PrimeauDonna
Zamboni Driver
Zamboni Driver

Postby PrimeauDonna » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:36 am

I think that AA's contract will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.2-3.5 million a year, depending on what his agent works out with Ken Holland. I could see it being anything from a one-year contract to a five-year contract, again depending on what the agent and the general manager work out.

These things are really straightforward and easy to predict, like the weather. Tomorrow's forecast? It could be rainy or possibly cloudy to sunny, depending on the weather. Two days ago, I predicted hot, warm or cold weather, and by golly, I was right on the money. I am on the money more often than most.

For instance, I used to tell all my friends about Sean Avery and how he was actually a really great guy. True story: in 2002 when Sean Avery was a super famous hockey player for the Detroit Red Wings, my wife and I veered off the road during a thunderstorm and popped our tire on the curb. Out of nowhere, a stranger pulled up and insisted on changing our tire in the rain while we stayed warm and dry in the car.
0 x
"And in typical Russian class the Russians leave the ice before paying their respect to the Canadian national anthem.... I don't even know of a Russian you would be speaking of that I have condemned because of his nationality." - TSQ

reginawing
Veteran 4th Liner
Veteran 4th Liner

Postby reginawing » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:22 pm

Be very in line with Holland smart GM moves to opt for signing Vanek and passing on AA.
0 x

Machine
Dan Cleary Fan Club
Dan Cleary Fan Club

Postby Machine » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:57 pm

PrimeauDonna wrote:I think that AA's contract will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.2-3.5 million a year, depending on what his agent works out with Ken Holland. I could see it being anything from a one-year contract to a five-year contract, again depending on what the agent and the general manager work out.

These things are really straightforward and easy to predict, like the weather. Tomorrow's forecast? It could be rainy or possibly cloudy to sunny, depending on the weather. Two days ago, I predicted hot, warm or cold weather, and by golly, I was right on the money. I am on the money more often than most.

For instance, I used to tell all my friends about Sean Avery and how he was actually a really great guy. True story: in 2002 when Sean Avery was a super famous hockey player for the Detroit Red Wings, my wife and I veered off the road during a thunderstorm and popped our tire on the curb. Out of nowhere, a stranger pulled up and insisted on changing our tire in the rain while we stayed warm and dry in the car.

You jinxed it. Holland read this, now he's getting a 3yr 5 million per year contract ready for Avery. :naughty: :D
0 x

PrimeauDonna
Zamboni Driver
Zamboni Driver

Postby PrimeauDonna » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:04 pm

Machine wrote:
PrimeauDonna wrote:I think that AA's contract will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.2-3.5 million a year, depending on what his agent works out with Ken Holland. I could see it being anything from a one-year contract to a five-year contract, again depending on what the agent and the general manager work out.

You jinxed it. Holland read this, now he's getting a 3yr 5 million per year contract ready for Avery. :naughty: :D

If that means more changed tires for me, I'm all for it.
0 x
"And in typical Russian class the Russians leave the ice before paying their respect to the Canadian national anthem.... I don't even know of a Russian you would be speaking of that I have condemned because of his nationality." - TSQ

cska91
Two Kids and a Goat
Two Kids and a Goat

Postby cska91 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:27 pm

There are three KHL clubs believed to be interested in AA - AK Bars Kazan, Salavat Yulaev Ufa, and CSKA Moscow. If I am AA, I sign with CSKA for a year. They are the favorites to win the Gagarin Cup. With his speed, AA should dominate the KHL.

The KHL season is already in full swing, with teams having played 5-6 games.

Holland says that if they come to terms, the Wings can sign AA right away and not wait for the start of the season by making another move. What is that move?
0 x
"We got a blueprint of how to be better. We just didn't execute there." - Jeff Blashill

aTTicA
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby aTTicA » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:32 am

we dont have to be cap compliant until opening day for starters. Holland would have to make a move prior to then is what i believe he said. Said move could be waiving any number of guys, or going with a 22 man roster until he can offload a contract, or simply making a trade.

Then there is always the possibility that kronwall(knees), zetterberg (back), glendenning (ankle) or helm (made of glass and prone to breaking) could be on LTIR...or anyone really depending on how preseason goes.
0 x

cska91
Two Kids and a Goat
Two Kids and a Goat

Postby cska91 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:02 am

I understand all that. The point is that there is no good move that Holland can make. His options are:

A. Lose another player for nothing by waiving him. Who are the candidates? Howard? Mrazek? Sheahan?
B. Trade a player for nothing. Once the Wings are over the cap, they have zero leverage in any trade.
C. Hope that someone else gets hurt badly and needs to go on LTIR.

You make it sound like Holland has lots of options when in reality he has no good options and one year in the KHL for AA may actually be the best possible outcome of this mess for all involved.

The Wings keep their assets in hopes they appreciate. AA gets more ice time and exposed to better coaching. Both are good for his development. And Holland gets to save face and appear to be a tough negotiator. And the Wings don't need AA. It helps them go all out for the first overall draft pick and be a definite seller at the deadline.
0 x

Return to “General Discussion”