Zetterberg to retire

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
Kronstantinov
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Re: Zetterberg to retire

Postby Kronstantinov » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:57 pm

A top 3 pick or even a #1 is no guarantee of getting a star player much less a top 10 player in the league like Pav, Z or Lidstrom
2 x

pokerandpucks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby pokerandpucks » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:39 pm

No, but it significantly increases the odds

Sent from my toilet
1 x
Take out the trash, fire Holland and Blash!

southfield sam
Stanley Cup Champion
Stanley Cup Champion

Postby southfield sam » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:49 pm

pokerandpucks wrote:No, but it significantly increases the odds

Sent from my toilet

The Tanking strategy is not a good one. It doesn't even guythe the top pick
0 x

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:46 pm

Kronstantinov wrote:A top 3 pick or even a #1 is no guarantee of getting a star player much less a top 10 player in the league like Pav, Z or Lidstrom

No guarantees in life, but the odds swing dramatically in your favor. This team is going NOWHERE for years to come. Hank is the only asset most teams would even consider and the only one over 30.
0 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:

Machine
Dan Cleary Fan Club
Dan Cleary Fan Club

Postby Machine » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:29 pm

heyfolks wrote:
Kronstantinov wrote:A top 3 pick or even a #1 is no guarantee of getting a star player much less a top 10 player in the league like Pav, Z or Lidstrom

No guarantees in life, but the odds swing dramatically in your favor. This team is going NOWHERE for years to come. Hank is the only asset most teams would even consider and the only one over 30.

I agree what's the problem with dead money on the books. Unless you see a superstar stud in the organization, all of the other teams are locking up their(Edit: their stud) players. This team needs tore down, I don't see a few years of dead money being too detrimental to a rebuild.
1 x

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Machine wrote:
heyfolks wrote:

I agree what's the problem with dead money on the books. Unless you see a superstar stud in the organization, all of the other teams are locking up their(Edit: their stud) players. This team needs tore down, I don't see a few years of dead money being too detrimental to a rebuild.

100% agree. Dead money is on the books no matter what. DEAD players and dead money is what we have now. I'd rather see a young team struggle than E, Kronner and Co. in an old timers pension skate with a goal to be first round playoff fodder. It only extends the suffering/ascent back to NHL royalty.

They should have moved Hank last year. I thought the Kings or Ducks might take him (and he might want to play out his career in the sun of SoCal).
0 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:

Return to “General Discussion”