New Site is Live

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
JimIs70
Datsyukian Deke
Datsyukian Deke
Posts: 1059
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:40 pm
x 176

Re: New Site is Live

Postby JimIs70 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 pm

holytoledo wrote:
JimIs70 wrote:Ok, can someone tell what to do about this. Whenever I click on a thread and then click back to the previous page, it's showing threads from two days ago. I then have to refresh the page to get it up to date. And if I click back to the index page, it shows stuff from 2 months ago. And again, I have to hit the refresh. How do you get rid of that and make it right?
It only does it on my pc, not my wife's.


No idea really. Are you using Chrome. I find it works best for 99% of the Internet.


I use Safari. I was able to delete some of the cache from the site, but probably not enough. It still does the same thing. Probably have to get aggressive and really delete some build up.
0 x

JimIs70
Datsyukian Deke
Datsyukian Deke
Posts: 1059
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:40 pm
x 176

Re: New Site is Live

Postby JimIs70 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:18 pm

I deleted cache going all the way back to April 1st and it still goes back to July 18th on the Board Index Page. It also does the same thing on the General Discussion Page when I click back from reading a thread. Only that one has a Sept. 19th date on it.
0 x

User avatar
holytoledo
Trouble Maker
Posts: 9797
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:52 am
x 4514
x 2200

Re: New Site is Live

Postby holytoledo » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:26 am

JimIs70 wrote:I deleted cache going all the way back to April 1st and it still goes back to July 18th on the Board Index Page. It also does the same thing on the General Discussion Page when I click back from reading a thread. Only that one has a Sept. 19th date on it.


No idea what's going on with this. I tried this with Safari as well and everything works as expected. I have a very vanilla install of Safari.

I'm running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and Safari 11.0 (11604.1.38.1.7)

I think these are the latest.
0 x

JimIs70
Datsyukian Deke
Datsyukian Deke
Posts: 1059
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:40 pm
x 176

Re: New Site is Live

Postby JimIs70 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:44 pm

holytoledo wrote:
JimIs70 wrote:I deleted cache going all the way back to April 1st and it still goes back to July 18th on the Board Index Page. It also does the same thing on the General Discussion Page when I click back from reading a thread. Only that one has a Sept. 19th date on it.


No idea what's going on with this. I tried this with Safari as well and everything works as expected. I have a very vanilla install of Safari.

I'm running OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 and Safari 11.0 (11604.1.38.1.7)

I think these are the latest.


Everything was fine till my username changed from JimIs69 to JimIs70. Since then it's been doing this. If I do a page refresh, it's fine till I click on a thread or click back to the index page. Then, it's refresh again. And this is the only site that does it. Every other site is fine.
0 x

User avatar
X8oD
All Star Vote Getter
All Star Vote Getter
Posts: 1473
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:37 am
x 10
x 367

Re: New Site is Live

Postby X8oD » Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:37 pm

i re-synch'd posts/stats and purged the cache.

see if that does anything for you
0 x

JimIs70
Datsyukian Deke
Datsyukian Deke
Posts: 1059
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:40 pm
x 176

Re: New Site is Live

Postby JimIs70 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:04 pm

X8oD wrote:i re-synch'd posts/stats and purged the cache.

see if that does anything for you


Thanks for trying, but that didn't work either. Everytime I click back it shows everything from earlier dates. If I refresh the pages, that works until I click back. If it's the index page, it shows stuff from July 18th. If I click back from a current thread on the General Discussion, it shows stuff posted on Sept.19th. Really crazy.
0 x

User avatar
holytoledo
Trouble Maker
Posts: 9797
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:52 am
x 4514
x 2200

Re: New Site is Live

Postby holytoledo » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:24 am

I just tried purging the cache on the server and recalculating stats. Let me know if you see any kind of a difference.
0 x

JimIs70
Datsyukian Deke
Datsyukian Deke
Posts: 1059
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:40 pm
x 176

Re: New Site is Live

Postby JimIs70 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:35 am

There was no difference. But I tried something and it seems to have worked. I deleted the site off my favorites list, then googled the site, and re-added it to my favorites list. So far, everything is just fine. Thanks to HT and X8oD for their efforts to help.
0 x


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests