New Site is Live

(All things hockey - Red Wing and NHL hockey)
holytoledo
Trouble Maker

Re: New Site is Live

Postby holytoledo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:49 pm

TS Quint wrote:Also on the stat page it's doubling up the Twitter/email/copyright bar on my iPad.

Thanks. Seems to render a bit funny on Windows too.
0 x

holytoledo
Trouble Maker

Postby holytoledo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:02 pm

I should mention that I am using some fairly modern shit and if you're not running the latest and greatest version of your browser, it's much more likely that you'll encounter problems.
0 x

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:50 pm

I've had no issues.
0 x
:auto-car: :auto-checkeredflag:

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:05 am

OK maybe the bottom horizontal red frame is too wide.

You know I love the home page. Those news links are just bad ass. The player stats are bad ass, though the roster loads for the Griffs and Walleyes are not working for me (I believe I have to edit my browser).

I love the functionality especially, in case you hadn't heard this from me in the past, the news feeds! < Those news feds are bad ass.

Did I say I like the news feeds?
0 x

holytoledo
Trouble Maker

Postby holytoledo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:10 am

heyfolks wrote:OK maybe the bottom horizontal red frame is too wide.

You know I love the home page. Those news links are just bad ass. The player stats are bad ass, though the roster loads for the Griffs and Walleyes are not working for me (I believe I have to edit my browser).

I love the functionality especially, in case you hadn't heard this from me in the past, the news feeds! < Those news feds are bad ass.

Did I say I like the news feeds?

Do you think we need the footer at the bottom at all, or should I just get rid of it?

The only thing that works for the Walleye & Griffs is if you click on stats, then you'll see their scoring summary. Almost all of the data we are displaying comes our way via NHL.com, so they don't have that stuff available for the minors.

Revamping the farm team pages is on my radar. I might just embed their Eliteprospects pages.

Do you like the news feeds?
0 x

pokerandpucks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby pokerandpucks » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:47 am

Not a fan of the red banner on the bottom
1 x
Take out the trash, fire Holland and Blash!

holytoledo
Trouble Maker

Postby holytoledo » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:14 pm

pokerandpucks wrote:Not a fan of the red banner on the bottom

I think that can go. Especially on mobile it seems like it just eats too much space.

I think I'll leave it but not lock it in place, so it's never visible unless you choose to scroll all the way down to it.
1 x

heyfolks
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby heyfolks » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:21 pm

I say we dump the footer at the bottom. It narrows the screen much like how they do the cinema view on TV (though our footer provides no benefit of framing the film).

Happy place - If a member doesn't like the new home page with the pull down menu for news related to the Wings, NHL, farm teams and such, they need their head examined! LOL! i firml;y believe it will drive more threads and conversation. It was, and is again, my go to. I know of no other site that does this good of a job relative to hockey news. It's top shelf stuff. GREAT WORK HT, SERIOUSLY GREAT STUFF!!!!

I also like the team pages and, well everything but the footer.
0 x

holytoledo
Trouble Maker

Postby holytoledo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:27 pm

heyfolks wrote:I say we dump the footer at the bottom. It narrows the screen much like how they do the cinema view on TV (though our footer provides no benefit of framing the film).

Happy place - If a member doesn't like the new home page with the pull down menu for news related to the Wings, NHL, farm teams and such, they need their head examined! LOL! i firml;y believe it will drive more threads and conversation. It was, and is again, my go to. I know of no other site that does this good of a job relative to hockey news. It's top shelf stuff. GREAT WORK HT, SERIOUSLY GREAT STUFF!!!!

I also like the team pages and, well everything but the footer.

Yeah, I am going to be back working on the site later this week and the footer is going to go. Basically here's what I'm planning next:

1. Eliminating the footer.
2. Cleaning up the minor league pages.
3. Adding links to the player (and prospect) pages that show more detailed info when you click a player.
4. Adding more stats & putting some under construction notifications on the stat pages that aren't there yet.

I hope to get to this stuff on Friday.

Also, I need to get with X80D on updating the links from the forum/removing what no longer makes sense.
0 x

Pop Zeus
Mr. Hockey
Mr. Hockey

Postby Pop Zeus » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Why not just turn all forum posts into potential blog posts and use a radial button or something to feature them?
That way, you get your blog post and you still get your message board posts.
0 x
http://www.redwingsnow.com
Your source for regurgitated Red Wings News and crackpot opinions

Return to “General Discussion”